Something I mentioned when the site re-launched was the idea of bringing new blood into the fold to produce new (more) content for the site. Since Chris and I seem to be the only ones consistently sporadic in submitting content, I figured why not see if this generation’s Pete Deol or Barrett Blackwell are waiting in the wings, willing to spread their Nintendork joy through the majesty of prose.
Copy/paste the following application, and fill that bitch out…format isn’t too important, so long as you fill everything out without being too much of a smartass.
- Dork Name(s) (Board, DRC, #studio64, whatever):
- For the love of God, why do you want to write for Nintendorks.com?
- What kind of content do you see yourself providing to Nintendorks.com?
- How often do you see yourself providing said content?
- Do you have a blog or website? What’s the damn link?
- Supply a Nintendorks news item (including a headline) based on this exciting press release from Nintendo.
- Is it socially acceptable for a woman to show off her nipple piercing if cake is involved?
When you’re happy with your application, PM it to me (Stumpy Joe) on our forums with the subject: Dork application. I’ll only accept applications that are PM’d to me, and only those with “Dork application” as the subject (because I’m lazy, and have a fancy rule set up where it will automatically move them into a special folder if they have that subject line).
I’m going to be taking baby steps with this, and only bringing on 1 or 2 people at first instead of “hiring” 8 people right off the bat. See how those 1 or 2 people work out, and then maybe bring in 1 or 2 more. So if you’re a losing loser that doesn’t make the cut, chances are you may be brought on board in the future…and chances are you won’t! Hell, maybe everyone will stink, and it’ll still just be me and Chris!
If you have any questions, feel free to send them in via DRCs, or this thread I created on the message board.