Rock your skin off

by Eric Denney on

We’re used to 3rd party peripherals that suck, but now we have one that can eat away at your flesh with chemical burns.

Yesterday, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (USPC) announced that Rage Wireless Guitars had a faulty circuit board that could cause AA batteries to leak and dump burning acid on people who rock too hard. This is reported after one person, who was probably rocking harder than anyone in the history of humanity has ever rocked before, has sustained such an injury. According to the CPSC press release, the guitars have “battery-operated LED-lighted fret buttons” going up the neck of the guitar that actually sound pretty cool. So if you like blinking lights on your axe while you play Rock Band, and if you have a taste for adventure and danger, then you might be able to pick one of these up for pretty cheap on eBay, or on some sort of black market.