It’s our chat room, don’t ya know.
Nintendorks IRC ChatConnecting to our chat room is easy, just follow these simple steps:
- Download and install mIRCOnce you have have retrieved the file, simply run it. Pick the folder where you want the application to run from, the Install Wizard will then guide you through the installation procedure. AOL/CompuServe/MSN users can run IRC clients (such as mIRC) as third party applications. You can find instructions on how to do this from your Internet provider.
- Connect to the Nintendorks chat serverIn mIRC, -doubleclick- on ( file / options / connect ) & Add this server:
port: 6667 [default]
Once the server has been added, click: Connect to IRC server, a short scrolling notice from the server will then appear on your screen. You are now logged onto the Nintendorks chat server.
3. Join #Studio64Type ‘/join #studio64’ in the typing entry line at the bottom of the mIRC screen (status). You should now be chatting with fellow dorks — have fun!
Note: In case of site outage, the chat is mirrored at irc.plinkomedia.com.
Here are some helpful commands which can be used in any IRC program by entering them into the status or “irc.nintendorks.com” window (remove the brackets in the following examples):
To register the nickname you’re using so that no one else can use it:
/msg nickserv register [your password here]
To register a chat channel for you or your website:
/msg chanserv register [#channel name] [password] [channel description]
To list all channels on the server:
For other commands:
/msg nickserv help
/msg chanserv help
There are plenty of other IRC programs, such as Trillian. Trillian is an all-in-one program that includes IRC, AIM, Yahoo! Instant Messenger, MSN’s IM, ICQ, as well as Yahoo/Hotmail/POP email checking.
- Step 1: Download and install Trillian.
- Step 2: Click on File>>Connection>>Connection Manager. Here, click on Add>>IRC. For description and server, just put in irc.nintendorks.com and click “OK.” You may also have to choose a group – just select one from the list, such as “Ablenet.”
Good, now click on the “Create and Connect” button on the bottom.
3. Step 3: From now on, you can select this server using the little white IRC icon on the bottom of Trillian. Connect now, and join channel #studio64.
Finally, if you wish to use web-based IRC chat, web-irc.org is the way to go. Go to that page, and use the following image to help fill out the super-complicated form:
Click the “Login” button, and that’s exactly what you’ll do.