Nintendo held a media summit and showed off a bunch of stuff!
Here’s the bullet point version: Wii
- Super Mario Galaxy 2 is out May 23. Nintendo showed off Yoshi (pointer controls tongue), a new suit that let’s you drill to the other side of a planetoid, and quite a bit of 2D-in-3D style gameplay.
- Metroid: Other M is out June 27. The press release makes it sound like it is a 2D Metroid game, but you can also stop to aim in first person using the remote.
- Sin and Punishment: Star Successor is out June 7, after an October launch in Japan. (Much faster this time!)
- Monster Hunter Tri will come out April 20th, optionally bundled with the new Classic Controller Pro (see also: Dual Shock) for a $10 premium. It has free online play with Wii Speak support.
- Dragon Quest IX is coming to the Wii sometime this summer.
- Cave Story is out on WiiWare March 22, and will include previously announced add-ons as part of the purchase price.
- The untitled Wii Legend of Zelda was not mentioned, but the release of Galaxy 2 and Other M in summer would point to a holiday release plan.
- The DSi XL will hit North American shelves March 28, for the absurd price of $190.
- Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver will be released March 14. Those names are a real stretch.
- Picross 3D will finally arrive in North America on May 3, and will feature Layton-style DLC support.
- Ghostwire: Link to the Paranormal is a DSi-exclusive augmented reality game, which probably means pointing the camera around your house to find ghosts.
The full press release is located here.